Saugeen Shores Scarecrows
Time & Location
About the Event
The Chantry Island Cham-bettes are thrilled to be hosting the 1st Annual Saugeen Shores Scarecrows event!
This years theme is “Get Stuffed” with all proceeds going to our local food banks.
This is a fun community event for local residents and businesses to take part in.
Here’s how it works:
1. Start planning now to decorate and install a unique and creative scarecrow at your home or business. **Your scarecrow needs to be installed by October 20th**
2. Register it with us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the tour map. **Registration deadline is October 10th**
3. Start planning to tour the creative scarecrows in the community during the event from October 20 - 31, by purchasing a tour map (by donation) at the following businesses starting on October 15th.
Accents (downtown Port Elgin)
Edward Jones (plaza next to Independent)
Southampton Olive Oil Co (downtown Southampton)
Logan's (downtown Southampton)
Kristen's Pharmacy (Hwy 21 in Southampton next to Tim Hortons)
Can’t go out to get your map? Email or message us and we can arrange a drop off for you!
4. While touring around town with your map, during the event from October 20 - 31), bring along “Treats” for the scarecrows in the form of non-perishable food items to donate to our local food banks. Scarecrow entries along the route will have donation bins near them to drop off your items. Or contact us and we can pick up your items at email@example.com
5. Share a great photo of your scarecrow to our social media pages to be eligible to win a prize! @saugeenshoresscarecrows on Facebook and Instagram.
Please LIKE, and SHARE this with all of your LOCAL friends and family.
Start planning now to get the kids coming up with great ideas for your unique scarecrow! No kids at your place? No problem, adults can have just as much fun!
Support our local businesses while looking for fun items to decorate your scarecrow!
Our local food banks need our support this season by donating non-perishable items at bins along the tour route, and/or by providing a donation when you pick up your tour map.
We can’t wait to see all of your amazing scarecrows throughout the community!
Please remember to follow all COVID-19 guidelines throughout the event.